Learning with Lily

Learning with Lily

About Me

After a failed IVF in 2007 I thought I'd never be a mother. Then our second IVF worked and Lily was born in December of that year. Twins Tim and Joe followed shortly after (again via IVF) in March 2012.

Then - against all odds - I conceived a natural 'surprise' baby no.4 in early 2013... Evie was born in October of that year.

What else is interesting? I am an ex sufferer of anxiety and depression, my hubby is 28 years older than me (but I'm not weird... honest)... well, not that weird anyway

Gill Harvey

Follow me on Twitter: @4TinyTearaways

Saturday, 30 November 2013

Fun Times... and Why Worrying is Pointless

We went (yet AGAIN) to the soft-play centre in Limoges today...  One thing I always notice about going to soft-play is how it reveals the kids' personalities: what they are drawn to, how they behave, etc.

Lily tears off and is barely seen until she wants (a) a Coca-Cola, (b) a token for the cars or trampoline or (c) a cuddle because someone or something's upset her...

Timmy spends most of the time sitting at one of the tables pretending to drink a cup of coffee (despite easy access to BOUNCY CASTLE, BALL PIT, BIG SLIDE and MORE!).

Joe spends 90% of his time in a little room that's set up like a mini-disco, with moving lights and pumpin' toons...  He had a little harem of girls with him today...  The mind boggles!

***
They say that 99% of the things we worry about NEVER HAPPEN... for me it's more like 100%.  And yet sometimes I can't stop!

Then today I watched the news and saw the footage of the helicopter that crashed into a Scottish pub.  Terrible, tragic and also a reminder of the randomness of life and how little we can do to foresee or prevent disaster.

Rather than allow that to make us feel awful, perhaps we should draw from that the attitude that, whilst life (and death) is out of our control, we can at least control our feelings and live in the moment.  The real disasters in life are usually unforeseen, and, even when they're not, why spend your days in misery when you can embrace the life you've been given!

If only I could heed my own words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment